Why become a member? ×

Hipshot D-Tuner Query

SPHDS

Hi People,

I am sorry for yet another question about D-Tuners......but here goes.....!

I have just become the proud owner of a Squier Affinity P-Bass in Silver and Black. I would like to fit a D-Tuner to it, like I did to my Explorer last year, but I am unsure about which model would fit.....the tuners on the bass are like this, albeit in black -

So, is there a Hipshot for me....(I don't mind if it doesn't match completely - open backed etc....but would like it have the 'elephant ear' though.....)....or would it call for major mods.....!?!

Sam

From the pic it is impossible to tell but - what diameter is the hole in the headstock? Or, if you prefer, what is the diameter of the shaft (ohh er, matron etc). If you don't mind what the back looks like, that is a key issue. If you physically have room for the back plate and lever mechanism, as long as the shaft fits the hole (ooh er etc) then you are in business.

Cheers Paul,
Will have a measure and check.....I know shaft dimensions (titter titter) are an issue, but my main worry was to do with positioning and screw holes......if I needed to fit a model that wasn't a exact match, I may need to drill more holes.....and that could prove difficult with there already being 4 holes per peg in close proimity.....!

Sam

Cheers for that Paul.....although due to the closed back nature, it is proving hard to accurately measure the dimensions.....although distance between screw and shaft seem larger than any of the schematics you sent.....and also no measurement for string post size.....!
I have messaged Hipshot to see if they are able to help, so we will see......!

Further to my last post....got this from Hipshot in response to my email to them......

[font=comic sans ms][size=2][font=comic sans ms][size=2]Hello Samuel,[/size][/font][/size][/font]

[font=comic sans ms][size=2][font=comic sans ms][size=2] Thank you for your question![/size][/font][/size][/font]
[font=comic sans ms][size=2][font=comic sans ms][size=2] The only model that we have that should work would be our 3/8" Ultralite Xtender, HE6C-3/8". You will need to drill a new mounting hole and possibly enlarge the string post hole as well.[/size][/font][/size][/font]
[font=comic sans ms][size=2][font=comic sans ms][size=2]Thanks![/size][/font][/size][/font]

Sooooooo.......look's positive.....we will see!

Next query is....do I fill old mounting holes.....? (and if so, how......PVA/cocktail stick pack out.......?)

Edited by SPHDS