Why become a member? ×

Bass Wheel newbie

thisnameistaken

I got a bass wheel in the post today, and tried wheeling my bass around the dining room, and I found it quite tricky - the bass just seems to want to run away from me and it's tricky to keep my leg out of the way. How do the bass wheel users here use theirs? What's the most natural way to hold the bass?

I suppose I'll find out tomorrow night when I have wheel it across town but thought I'd ask. :-)

I had a bass wheel. I got very edgy about making the bass feel every bump and thud that my local pavements had to offer. I stopped using it. Having said that, I had a home made carrying strap that I used for years until it snapped and caused a £2.5 rebuild, so what do I know?

Haha. Well this is a pneumatic 200mm diameter wheel, it looks about as smooth a ride as a bass can get. It's surely better than those little nylon wheels you see on more expensive gig bags.

My wrists are knackered already so I don't like carrying the bass very far. Usually I only need to carry it short distances, to the car and back, but I got a wheel for those odd occasions that I've got half a mile to plod with it.