Why become a member? ×

Hello from Suffolk.

Yan

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2]Hello![/size][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2]My name is Yan, I have been playing bass for about three years although not very seriously and mostly just so I can have some fun playing with my son who plays guitar.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2]A while ago I decided to take it more seriously and now I am about to join my first band.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2]Nothing like doing something for real to make you[/size][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2] realise[/size][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2] how much you don't know! I expect I will be asking[/size][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2] allot[/size][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2] questions over the next few months,[/size][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2] particularly[/size][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2] about that first gig and what I can get away with amp wise as I don't yet have anything that would fill a pub.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2]Bass wise I have a srx430 - £50 bargain from ebay and Guild Pilot that I inherited from an uncle. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2]Looking forward to picking your collective brains, Yan[/size][/font][/color]

Hi Yan and welcome!

Not sure how much help I will be as I have been playing bass less time than you, but hey I am also from sunny Suffolk so at least something in common right there. Good luck with the new band. Something I will also be looking to do in the future but not sure I am quite ready yet. Enjoy!