Why become a member? ×

The North East Bass Bash - November 2nd, Gateshead

wateroftyne

I've already replied on the facebook post but i'll repeat it here, I'm coming along, will be bringing most of the kit in my signature below,

If anyone has an Aguilar TH500 thant they could bring along then i'd be very interested to try it with the midgets.

Don't forget that there is a lack of local shops to get food at so if you're coming for the whole thing you might want to pack some sandwiches, i'll bake something to share round though (cookies/muffins/brownies depending on my mood)

Matt

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1411032367' post='2555699']
One of these years I will make this event. Down in London at a bass related event this year what were the chances of that. Bugger.
[/quote]

i'm dissapointed, but i think my bank manager has breathed a sigh of relief!

M

• 2 weeks later...

I should warn you that I'm thinking (just thinking, mind) about driving for 4-5 hours to filth up your gathering with Gibson basses. Seems an awful long way to go for 4.5 hours of bass geekery though. Be better to make a weekend of it. You guys do anything the night before - go to the pub or something?

Gutted. I'm coming up to the homeland to see family the week before but will be leaving on the Friday (31st). I will probably have my latest exuberance with me (NS Design NXT5 EUB) to show off to my brother - would have liked to have brought that along and met some fellow geordie bass players!

The Ginger Music Company would have been quite apt for a carrot top such as myself too!

Hope it all goes well!

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1412289231' post='2567652']
I should warn you that I'm thinking (just thinking, mind) about driving for 4-5 hours to filth up your gathering with Gibson basses. Seems an awful long way to go for 4.5 hours of bass geekery though. Be better to make a weekend of it. You guys do anything the night before - go to the pub or something?
[/quote]

Hmm... that might be an idea. Remind me nearer the time!

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1413215435' post='2575931']
Should be able to make this now. If there is anything in the sale section on my website that anyone particularly wants to try please let me know since I will not be bringing every thing I have avilable.
[/quote]

That's great news - I'll let the folks on [url="https://www.facebook.com/groups/157319877702238/"]The North East Bass Bin[/url] know too.

Looking forward to meeting you!

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1413215435' post='2575931']
Should be able to make this now. If there is anything in the sale section on my website that anyone particularly wants to try please let me know since I will not be bringing every thing I have avilable.
[/quote]

The Graft basses look very tempting, G013, G036 and [size=4]G033Ü not that i'm in a position to buy at the moment, but it might prompt me to save up for one (although i think a 5 string standard recurve SC with a single humbucker would be more likely)[/size]

[size=4]Matt[/size]

• 2 weeks later...

i'm afraid that i'm not going to be able to meet up on the saturday evening, i've been reminded that it's a friends birthday and we're going out for a curry with him.

If people are meeting up then the Cumberland Arms in Byker/Ouseburn Valley would be a good idea as they are having a beer festival!

Matt

It looks like no-one's able to go to the pub or whatever on the Saturday night. No matter, I'd still like to attend the bash, I've arranged to visit some friends near Edinburgh on the Sat night and kip over so it breaks up the journey a bit. I will bring as much of the black headstock club as I can manage, so I will have some or all of the following with me:

1979 RD Artist
1981 Victory Artist
2007 Les Paul Double Cut
2012 Epiphone Jack Casady
2012 Non Reverse Thunderbird
2013 Midtown Standard
2014 EB

and my RedSub BT5110 1x10 combo.

See you there :)

Just a head's up that if you're after a show post-bash Cropper's in the area Sunday evening at Middlesbrough Town Hall with The Animals.
It's not gone un-noticed that Scott on bass bears more than a passing resemblance to Duck Dunn, even down to now playing a Jazz rather than the Dusenberg he had earlier in the year.