Why become a member? ×

1978 Fender Precision. SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
£1100

mart3442

[u][b]£1000. No trades please guys, unless you have something plus cash my way, cheers.[/b][/u]

[b]A very reluctant sale of my maple knecked fretless Precision.[/b]
[b]Fitted with a Lindy fralin Vintage P pickup which has been in the bass since the day I bought it. I never had the original pickup I'm afraid. T[/b][b]he pickup is one of the best I've had from Fralin, loud and powerful but lots of vintage p bass grind and bite.[/b] [b]It has some typical 1970's mods: Chunky brass strap buttons and string tree (Why....?), two of the bridge barrels have been changed but I may have a couple I can throw on.[/b]
[b]The body is finished in mid/late 1970's Fender "Thick Skin" Black polyester, it still has the sticker from the Dublin music shop it was first sold from on the back of the body.
The body has a couple of scuffs and the odd scratch, there are a number of small dings which have gone through to the wood.[/b]
[b]The fingerboard is in excellent condition and plays beautifully.[/b]
[b]The neck itself and headstock are pretty clean. There is wear on the underside of the neck, the headstock which has a few scuffs on it, hasn't yellowed like some '70's Fenders I've owned[/b].

[b]The neck pocket has the recognisable stamps and writing. The neck is stamped "J Moreno", not of Chelski fame, but anyone who's had a few older Fenders will have seen that before.[/b]

[b]From what I remember about neck codes: [/b]
[b]01 = P Bass[/b]
[b]10 = Fretless Maple neck[/b]
[b]22 = 22nd week of the year[/b]
[b]After that (3?/5?) 0 and 1.[/b]
[b]Normally there are only 2 more numbers, one showing the year and one the day, so feasibly this could be: 3 =1973, 5 = 1975, 01 = Monday[/b]
[b]However the headstock serial number clearly states 1978, so even allowing for Fenders habit of throwing stuff together, I can't see the neck waiting to be fitted to a body for that long![/b]
[b]If anyone has more info, please share![/b]

[b]I've tried to show any and all marks/slight damage in the pics.[/b]

[b]Weightwise, I can't lie: She's a boat anchor. If you have a bad back, don't go for this Bass.[/b]

[b]I think I have an old but serviceable hardshell flightcase that I'll include, failing that, there may be a very tough Peavey nylon gigbag.[/b]

[b]Any questions, please ask.[/b]

Edited by mart3442