Why become a member? ×

JB Marcus Miller MIJ pickguard

urrfaust

Hey guys (and girls),

I recently bought a 2007 MIJ Marcus Miller. After few weeks of playing I noticed that the pickguard and the control plate don't line up exactly in the corner near the neck pickup. I've attached a pic, I hope you can see it, it's really small, that's why I didn't notice it at first. Do you think it's a production defect or the pickguard was changed with a different one? I removed it and some holes barely fit with the screws. I asked the guy I bought it from and he said that he never changed anything but once he took the pickguard off and probably screwed it back improperly. So I unscrewed the control plate too and even if I moved both the PG and the CP around to make them fit, the edges don't line up at all.
What do you all guys think? I mean it's a really small thing, but every time i look at it, I always cringe!
Thanks a lot for your responses!

Sim

It's a Fender :)

I'm not being disrespectful to your bass, but Fender aren't exactly renowned for their attention to detail.

I had 2 US Fender's last year, one was a Marcus Miller 5 string, the other just a US standard 5 string.

The US standard had a gap along the neck pocket because it had been cut too big.

Both had string through the body option. They came with little brass cup things that went into the holes at the back of the body. These weren't attached to the basses at all, if you didn't string through the body, then they fell out.

Edited by ambient