Why become a member? ×

Mo Clifton Endpin Rattle

Mr Bassman

Any Mo Clifton EUB owners experienced rattling endpins?

It's a great bass but the endpin rattles which is annoying.

I spoke to Mo about it and he suggested the steel rod could be shortened, but rather than cut the original I bought a length of 10mm rod to experiment with.

As I play many gigs seated a shortened pin is no problem but if I use a longer one for standing it creaks & rattles inside the body.

I've tried packing with card, which requires removing the cover strip, wrapping tape around the end and applying shrink-wrap which makes it difficult to adjust the length due to friction.

Any ideas/ solutions?

Edited by Mr Bassman

I took the back cover off mine years ago. Have a look at the end block/body join (bolted) and see if its pulled forward a mm or two - mine did over the first few years, which left the rod rubbing on the back plate cover when you retracted it. I also put a slight bend into the rod to try and stop it touching the back plate - slight improvement, but not a fix.

I've got one of Ben's wooden end pins to try, which comes out of the bass..but I got the size of the rod wrong and haven't got it sorted yet.....