Why become a member? ×

Small 3/4 Stentor/Zeller double bass for sale w/pickup
£850

Mike

Hi everyone.

I'm selling a Romanian Stentor/Andreas Zeller double bass in Chelmsford. I've had it for a few years and it's been worked on by brilliant luthier Martyn Bailey. He's replaced the bridge (one with risers), reset sound post, repaired a cracked neck, added a really nice new spike, new strings, planed the fingerboard and generally made it a really nice instrument. I've spent a fortune on these repairs and upgrades but I'm selling it for £850 (or very near offer). It comes with a bag and fishman pickup. You're welcome to come and play it of course!

As I mentioned, the neck was broken at some point in its history, but it is a solid repair and recently Martyn redid the repair (big bolt through it!) There are a few unimportant cracks here and there, and it looks a little rough around the edges but otherwise fine.

Check out pictures here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152398086897029.1073741848.506897028&type=1&l=e4cc0d3446

Any questions shoot me a message!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='hazzacanary' timestamp='1426780123' post='2721880']
Do you have pictures of the cracks that are still there? And what strings are on there? And what model is the pickup?
[/quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
I'll get some pics for you. Pickup is fishman BP 100 I think. Strings - can't remember what my luthier put on but they were for mainly pizz but also usable for arco. They were a big name premium brand - I'll try to recall. [/font][/color]