Why become a member? ×

Is it just me?

NancyJohnson

I've been fortunate I suppose. Got a few nice basses (several Thunderbirds/a Ric) and a rig that a few years back I would have sold a kidney for, but I just keep looking.

I can't quite put my finger on the feeling. I guess if Gibson stepped outside the box and did some better coloured Thunderbirds I'd feel a little more excited, but now I just feel a little meh.

Edited bit here. I went on eBay the other night and just sorted the bass content by selling price...there's some lovely vintage stuff that (with little fear for my testicles), I could easily buy right now, but I'm like, 'what's the point?'

Edited by NancyJohnson

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1411150264' post='2557066']
I've been fortunate I suppose. Got a few nice basses (several Thunderbirds/a Ric) and a rig that a few years back I would have sold a kidney for, but I just keep looking.

I can't quite put my finger on the feeling. I guess if Gibson stepped outside the box and did some better coloured Thunderbirds I'd feel a little more excited, but now I just feel a little meh.

Edited bit here. I went on eBay the other night and just sorted the bass content by selling price...there's some lovely vintage stuff that (with little fear for my testicles), I could easily buy right now, but I'm like, 'what's the point?'
[/quote]
Maybe all you need is a challenge.
The colour of basses are not ment to make us better musicians...
Maybe you should upscale to five or six string basses.
There you'll see it's a lot to learn and study, and like this your GAS will come back.
At least for me worked pretty well ( twenty years ago )
Best

Been on a selling spree at the moment, am now G&L-less, which bothers me a bit. Have trimmed it down to just Gibson/Epiphone and my Yamaha BBs (which are worth bog all, because lovely as they are to play they're ratty looking and not amongst the posher ones).

No doubt I'll be back, but it's nice to have the space in the bass cupboard and very slowly plan how to fill it back up again ;)

Edited by neepheid

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1411146802' post='2556984']
I spend a lot of time looking at gear online...basses/amps etc. but nothing really excites me at the moment. I suppose to a degree I'm pretty content; I'd like a lightweight amp, but that's pretty much it.
[/quote]

It's not just you (judging by the responses) but I'm all kinds of GASing over a shortscale hofner club style, as well as a synth bass pedal.