Why become a member? ×

Bass now *SOLD*
£160

solo4652

I bought this brand new 3 months ago as my first foray into Jazz basses, thinking it would be a good chassis for an upgrade project. It turns out that it's far too good to be hacked about. Review article; [url="http://www.performing-musician.com/pm/jun08/articles/vintageav4.htm"]http://www.performin.../vintageav4.htm[/url]

Because I've hardly played the bass, it's virtually "as new" with no dings, buckle-rash, scrapes or tarnishing anywhere. It's completely original, with Alder body, brass saddles and a brand new set of D'Addario XL half-wounds which really make the bass sparkle and sing. The build quality, for the price, is very impressive - good, tight neck pocket, glossy Alder body, smooth-working Wilkinson hardware. The scratchplate has a faint minty hue to it that doesn't show up in the photos. The neck is wider than a standard Jazz which I like, since I'm used to a P neck. I'm selling it because, being honest with myself, I've realised that I prefer P basses.

This is a really well-made starter bass, or back-up, or start-point for upgrading. However, you may well find that the bass is more than good enough as it stands without needing major mods. No bag or case with it. I'm more than happy to pack it well for courier collection. I'll deliver it for free anywhere in south Manchester.

£[s]160 [/s]ono. Now £125. Might trade for a decent, small class D head of 300W or more.

Photos here. . The darker marks on the back of the neck are not dings or damage at all - they're simply part of the Maple wood. Apologies for the squint, out-of-focus images. If anybody wants photos of any specific part of the bass, just let me know.

Steve

Edited by solo4652

They sure are. When I bought it, I was expecting something pretty basic that I could treat as a knock-about project bass. Dammit, it turned out to be really well made with quality woods and electrics. Far too good to butcher it or leave it under a bed. They've been discontinued now (replaced by Fret King range?). Would make a great starter bass for somebody.

Edited by solo4652

Yep - Alder body, nicely-finished matt maple neck, chunky bridge with brass saddles, solid-sounding Wilkinson pickups. Excellent build quality with tight neck pocket and rich-looking body finish. Front pickup is especially impressive, giving a tone that's pretty close to a pure Precision but without the muddiness you sometimes get. Add in a little bridge pickup to give some snap and you have a very giggable instrument. If I don't sell this for £125, I'll definitely keep it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...