Why become a member? ×

NBD - Fender American Special Precision

franzbassist

Picked this up recently and it is a [i]superb[/i] bass, the American Special 2012 version in honeyburst. Weighs 8.5lb, great balance, beautiful neck and the hand rubbed stain finish on the alder body gives it a lovely organic vibe. The body is three pieces and really resonant, sustain for days!

I've put Dunlop straplocks and a tug bar, and just added Hipshot Lollypop HB7 tuners yesterday. Really happy with how it's turned out.

I'd love another, to put a fretless neck on.

Enjoy... :)

Edited by walbassist

Beautiful. I had one of those for a few days. Best precision tone ever. Unfortunately it needed significant fret work so, as it was new, I returned it. Nut was a bit wide for me too, although for a P it's relatively narrow and slim. I still remember that bass fondly.
Those tuners look the dog's b******'s too. Nice

That's my main gigging bass for almost two years now. Love the satin finish and mine is nicely worn and a bit bruised already too ;) I did quite a lot of work on it though. Pickups are Fender Original Precison now and I took the Grease Bucket circuit out and put a 60's vintage spec by Kiogon. Put some 70's style Schaller running machines and had the frets Plek'd at Charlie Chandler's. It's a beast now :D Nice acquisition man!

Thanks for all the comments guys. Yes the bass has Lakland flats on it (made by GHS). Bit higher tension that the last set I had (black silks) , but fine for now.

Really love the neck on this bass, it's very much like the early 70s necks (Slim "C" Shape, 9.5" radius, 1.625" nut), just perfect....