Why become a member? ×

Fender 1970 Telecaster Bass - Single pickup
£2250

Thebassman75

Hi

For sale here is my all original Fender Telecaster Bass made in 1970. It has honest play wear which I've tried to show in the pictures and has the original case. It also has the original covers and 2 pickguards, both original in black and white as the original owner couldn't decide which one he liked so asked Fender to supply both.

The bass has no issues and is set up ready to play. The neck radius is a big C and it's got a huge natural resonance. Plugged in, the single pickup is deceptively powerful. One sound, but oh what a sound!

The bass is available for collection from Brighton or I am happy to ship it but we can discuss that if need be.

As you may know, these are quite hard to come by with the single pickup. I haven't seen that many in my 20 years of playing and they are a very different beast from the later model with the humbucker.

I am struggling to upload any more that one image for some reason so please follow the link to Flickr for more images

[url="https://www.flickr.com/photos/127194667@N07/sets/72157647415896039/"]https://www.flickr.c...57647415896039/[/url]

[attachment=172178:IMG_2775.JPG]

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was swift!! For my part BM75, this is the first time I've seen the ad, so I'm sure there's traffic gonna come across this.

Out of interest, Telebasses are sometimes described as muddy, because of the Humbucker at the neck I guess, as this differs, what sort of sound would you say this produces?

Also, what is its weight?

Hi

The sound is completely unlike the humbucker tele basses. It's loud, clear and punchy - somewhere between a P and a J. Pretty prefect in fact.. It's got a huge resonance to it that you can feel right through the body and neck.

Weight is 9.7 lbs so no backbreaker..

I'll keep checking in on the post to gauge any interest but if you'd like to know more, you can also PM me

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...