Why become a member? ×

Floor fans for use on stage?

coffee_king

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='allighatt0r' timestamp='1411380887' post='2558854']
Best money I've ever spent on gig gear. I think it was more like £30 when I bought mine. [url="http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4250090.htm"]http://www.argos.co....ber/4250090.htm[/url]
[/quote]

I use one of those and they're good, but make sure it's not pointing directly at a mic or it can produce a horrible low-frequency rumble.

• 1 month later...

We've just come back from a trip to China and we had a big problem with the Chinese smoking everywhere, even in the non smoking hotel rooms, where the management thoughtfully provided matches and ashtrays!!

Back on topic; I hate fans on stage. The best gigs are the hottest and sweatiest.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1416215589' post='2607892']
We've just come back from a trip to China and we had a big problem with the Chinese smoking everywhere, even in the non smoking hotel rooms, where the management thoughtfully provided matches and ashtrays!![/quote]

Sounds about right! Smoking is still viewed pretty much as an entitlement (almost exclusively a male entitlement) here, much as it was a few decades ago in the west - if you've got a problem with having it inflicted on you, you should lighten up, man. Things are slowly changing, at least in the big cities, and its thankfully socially unacceptable to smoke on a lift or in a subway station. Still pretty common to see grandpas with a toddler in one hand and a cig in the other though. It's still a crappy situation for hospitality staff (who are mostly women) who have to spend their working lives breathing men's smoke.