Why become a member? ×

SOLD - FS/FT: 1979 pre Ernie Ball music man SABRE bass - BARGAIN!!! last price drop to 1050 £
£1300

flower8

[size=5][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]For sale is a pre Ernie Ball Music Man Sabre bass. The bass is dated 1979 (pots are 79, serial is 79 and pick ups are 79s etc..). The body is ash and the neck is maple. Normal wear for a bass with 35 years of history. Natural finished. The finish is original as witnessed by the little cracks on the nitro finish. This cracks (ash trays) give to the bass a super vintage look. The finish on the neck is still there and this is not so common on this basses. The frets are ok. Truss rod moves freely and th[/font][/size][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=5]e neck is straight as an arrow. The pick ups are in perfect shape and the sound is a killer. for those who love funk this is the definitive bass. One of the strap pins is not original and there is also a 4th switch, passive/active, that has been installed aftermarket (really useful when the battery ends during a show). At the base of the headstock there are two signs (brown coluored) due to a bassholder.not visibile under the pickguard there is a cut , professionally made, for a 3rd pickup.[/size][/font]
[size=5][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][color=#000000]The bass is sold "as is", I have lot of pictures please ask if you need more. Fell free to make offers [/color][/font][/size]

[size=5][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][color=#000000]Price is[/color][/font][/size][color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=5] [s]1300[/s] [s]1200[/s] [s]1150[/s] [s]1100[/s]1050£ OBO plus shipping. [/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=5]payment by bank wire transfer or paypal (paypal commission at buyer charge)[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=5]Trades only with 70's jazz or precison basses[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by flower8

Thanks. Indeed it is...I am selling it only because I have two of them. I bought first the natural, then I met the white one. Unfortunately my wife is complaining I have too many basses (I have only 5) and when I started looking at a 71 precision I was forced to sell one of mine. Since I have already a natural 77 jazz I decided to sell the natural sabre and keep the white one ..but it is killer!so my problem will became the fortune of the lucky guy who will get such a bargain..

Edited by flower8