Why become a member? ×

SOLD!! (Lakland CAR Skyline JO5 with Sadowsky Pre) SOLD!!
£675

chardbass

Finally selling my Skyline JO5 which I've advertised on here and withdrawn twice (due to other basses being sold)
If I'm honest, since I last advertised it on here I've gigged it once. It's just not getting used and I know there is a bit more love out there for a CAR Lakland jazz than I have.
This bass has a Sadowsky pre in it- 2x vol, Treble and Bass boost with push/pull to bypass the pre.

The serial number suggests this is a 2002 Korean build, it has the original Lindy Fralin pickups and is currently strung with DR HiBeams (45-125)

The Photobucket link shows the bass with a clear guard that I don't have anymore and the attached photos show the bass as it is now.

Please note damage to the very top of the headstock (doesn't affect the sound obviously but worth noting) and a small dink to the back of the neck which is on the lower side so has never been felt by my thumb.
I had Martin Peterson smooth the neck to try to take out any imperfections when I bought the bass (this bass has had a few owners) and he made such a beautiful job of it. It really has a lovely satin feel to it.

There is a quick-access battery compartment routed in the back of the bass.

A previous owner had a new jack input area routed in a slightly different place than would be expected but this doesn't cause any problems when seated. I only mention this as it was a question asked the last time the bass was for sale.

[b]£595 COLLECTED[/b].
Delivery is extra or a meet-up could be arranged.

[url="http://s25.photobucket.com/user/chardbass/library/JO5"]http://s25.photobucket.com/user/chardbass/slideshow/JO5[/url]

[attachment=172455:IMG_3447.jpg] [attachment=172456:IMG_3449.jpg]

Edited by chardbass

Chard!

It was me seeing a photo of you with this bass that got me all excited and in our resulting chat - you introduced me to the world of Basschat!

I wish I had the cash or I'd be after that. It truly is stunning.

To anyone reading, I can personally vouch for Richard - top bloke, top player and I'm sure this is 100% everything he says it is.

Good luck with the sale mate!

[quote name='Huge Hands' timestamp='1411570754' post='2560766']
Chard!

It was me seeing a photo of you with this bass that got me all excited and in our resulting chat - you introduced me to the world of Basschat!

I wish I had the cash or I'd be after that. It truly is stunning.

To anyone reading, I can personally vouch for Richard - top bloke, top player and I'm sure this is 100% everything he says it is.

Good luck with the sale mate!
[/quote]

Stuey!!

Cheers Stu :-)

[quote name='P-T-P' timestamp='1411569900' post='2560754']
I so should have bought this last time.

Fancy a trade?
[/quote]

Yeah sorry for the false starts on previous occasions. I was looking at your DJ5 and wondering whether I'd be tempted but tbh I just fancy getting rid of a bass.
I bought a P bass a while back which is getting some use and I've started playing my Marcus 4 string too- I've gone all 4 string Fender!
I have enough basses (for now)

• 4 weeks later...

One was a straight 4 knob VVBT, the other was master volume, blend, stacked bass/treble and vintage tone control- I wanted to keep the tone control option pre so I swapped them when I decided to sell this.

Edited by chardbass

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...