Why become a member? ×

mcmillen 12 step bass pedals/other sounds......maybe

davidlovellbass

• 4 weeks later...

Hi David,
I am using the 12 Step coupled with the Midi expander box driving a Roland JV1010 which is quite an old synth unit, but it has the vintage synth board which gives me some Moog bass settings. But yes I'm sure you can find the same bass pedal sounds plus more thru apps etc., e.g . Animoog and Fairlight app.

Good luck, Paul.

Edited by paulmcnamara

I've got a 12step mainly through the expander and through a midi synth module (miditech piano box) With a bit of mucking about and programming chords etc into different patches, I've managed to get some decent sounds out of it. I use it to fill in gaps in my 70's cover band that are left because of our lack of keyboard player for Deep Purple tunes and that. Cracking bit of kit when its given a bit of time!

It is really simple to use it through a PC for recording etc, just plugs straight in and loads of downloadable patches etc. I'm not sure about Ipad connection, but would think nowadays all the interfaces and aps you would need would be available.

Shame you're in Southampton as I'd let you have a shot of it, cause I was really unsure how to set it up, how it would sound and how it would work with the midi synth and the PC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...