Why become a member? ×

Why do people hate Hartke??

uk_lefty

I used to read on a different forum a lot of bad comments about Hartke. It is very easy to name them "Fartke" if that makes you laugh and yes they have aluminium speakers but having owned Peavey, Torque, Marshall, Vox, carlsboro, warwick and gallien Krueger amps and used trace and ashdowns before I have to say that my Hartke was the best.
Is there something I'm missing? My Hartke kickback was the best sounding amp of any I've owned. Curious to know why others may completely hate them, is it just irrational? Like the same reason I just don't want to drive a Ford or play an Ibanez even though I know they are rather good?

Do people hate Hartke? Or is it just kids who haven't tried them?
From the customer service side on here alone, I would try a Hartke rig any day.

Why don't you like Ibanez? I'd have one over a Fender anyday (though that's purely an aesthetics thing, as I don't like the top horn on Fender basses). The SR1000 had been my main gigging bass for over 20 years & always got an "I love that bass sound" from fellow musicians".

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1411991623' post='2564557']
Do people hate Hartke? Or is it just kids who haven't tried them?
From the customer service side on here alone, I would try a Hartke rig any day..
[/quote]

+1

loads of hartke fans on here that ive noticed over last few years - i currently use a hartke rig which incidentally is better than the trace rig i owned back in early 90s and only half the price

imho hartke are the best bang for buck on the market

I have to join with others and say I have never come across anyone hating on Hartke?? Rather than hate, maybe they are not seen as 'fashionable' as Mark Bass, Genz Benz etc.

The sound isn't for me, but I have nothing at all against them as a company.

[quote name='uk_lefty' timestamp='1411991284' post='2564551']
I used to read on a different forum a lot of bad comments about ...[/quote]

The answer, perhaps, is here..? If one frequents other sites, one expects to come across rubbish sometimes. Stay on the true path, eschew others and remain faithful to BC. Simple, really. :)

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1411997513' post='2564654']

The answer, perhaps, is here..? If one frequents other sites, one expects to come across rubbish sometimes. Stay on the true path, eschew others and remain faithful to BC. Simple, really. :)
[/quote]

True! I don't go back to that forum. There was a lot of hatred of Hartke and Warwick, I never really understood it. Just wondered if I was missing out/ could use it to my advantage in negotiating down the price of second hand Hartke amps! :)

[quote name='uk_lefty' timestamp='1411997847' post='2564663']
True! I don't go back to that forum. There was a lot of hatred of Hartke and Warwick, I never really understood it. Just wondered if I was missing out/ could use it to my advantage in negotiating down the price of second hand Hartke amps! :)
[/quote]

:facepalm: :modspank:

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1411991623' post='2564557']
Why don't you like Ibanez? I'd have one over a Fender anyday (though that's purely an aesthetics thing, as I don't like the top horn on Fender basses). The SR1000 had been my main gigging bass for over 20 years & always got an "I love that bass sound" from fellow musicians".
[/quote]

Ibanez haven't made a bass I've desired really... Though the ones I've seen recently have turned my head. I know they make excellent quality gear, I just think that given a kid-in-a-sweet-shop scenario I wouldn't be running straight for the ibanez gear, just a personal preference thing

[quote name='uk_lefty' timestamp='1411997847' post='2564663']

[/quote]

My rig is a Hartke LH500 amp going through 2 Warwick Neo Pro 12" cabs. It is great set up for me. The cabs are light; fit in my car boot & handle a 600 watts @ 4 ohms. Soundwise, they've due a great job being pushed by the LH500 & my old Hartke HA3500. So I have no problems giving props/thumbs up/a seal of approval to either brand!

Coincidentally, Ibanez are my favourite bass makers! Great guitars IMO!

I don't know any Hartke haters. A few people by preference don't like the sound of some of their cabs, and the heads get a lot of love. One of my old singers also played bass in an original metal band and said the kickback combo he had was the most audible combo he'd used of similar spec (think it was 100w into a 15" speaker).

I think it's the same with any brand; there will be some who like them, some who hate them, and some who are indifferent. When I joined BC it was because I was thinking about buying an Ashdown and members of another forum suggested I canvas opinions here to see what feedback I got. Some said they were great, some said they were "woolly", some said they were unreliable, but mostly people said to try them for myself and make up my own mind, so I did, and I still have the same head now. Ultimately, if you like them and it suits the way you want to sound then that's all that's relevant. If other people tell you that you sound good, it's a bonus, and if other people don't like them then that just means you'll probably pay less in the second-hand market. Win-win either way I reckon.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1412009612' post='2564826']
I still use an HA3000 (I hate graphic equalisers :lol:) as a backup.

It's a battered old workhorse that's done thousands of gigs, but it works just fine for me. :)
[/quote]

I LOVE graphic equalisers...so much so I bought a separate one, and it's got lots of lovely lights on it and it looks reet perty :)