Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Handles rant

Kevin Dean

I have a Barefaced Super 12T . It's a great sounding cab , But I can't stand the handles this is the 3rd time I've picked the cab up by the top handle & it has swung back & bashed me in the shines & I really don't think it needs those wheels . I've got so cheesed of with it I've started using an Ahdown Neo Cab ....I'm considering fitting some decent inset handles myself .......Rant over & relax .

I had a Super12T for a while, and tho it's tempting to pick it up by the top handle, I worked with the theory that the side one is the carry handle and the top handle's for rolling it.

It'd still be a great cab if it had no handles and was covered in Teflon...I miss mine. :(

I'm 6ft 4" so using the wheels I'm stooped over , Plus it's so light for me I just want a decent handle on the top , the Ashdown is slightly heavier but for me a lot easier to move because of the handles . I might have a look at a Big Baby II.

Edited by Kevin Dean

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1412083023' post='2565434']
I'm 6ft 4" so using the wheels I'm stooped over , Plus it's so light for me I just want a decent handle on the top , the Ashdown is slightly heavier but for me a lot easier to move because of the handles . I might have a look at a Big Baby II.
[/quote]

Should be straightforward to open it up and add an additional strap handle and suitable load spreading washers to the top in a position of your choosing. Ask Alex and a matching one may well be forthcoming.

I understand the wheels and shins issue - had the same issue with BF Big One, even at 5'3". My current BF Dubster is tall enough not to cause the issue (or I am short enough :) )

edited for typos

Edited by 3below

I thank the Mighty Lord Claber for the handles and wheels on my S12T every time I have to wheel it through the house, or down long corridors, or across anything apart from a swamp or the Himalayas.

Perhaps some shine pads may be on your Xmas list this year

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1412598523' post='2570201'][list=1]
[*]Buy two cheap remote-controlled monster trucks.
[*]Strap the cab on top of them.
[*]Sit back and relax as you drive your cab around and into position.
[/list]
[/quote]

A motorised gramma pad? :lol:

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1412083425' post='2565444']
I had a pair of Genz neo 212s for a while and whilst they were excellent cabs the handles were prettly much useless... they were recessed into the sides at the top so they were intended for tilting it back to push it along on the wheels, but in practice the angles were all wrong.
[/quote]

Same here. Think these 2x12 cabs are too short to have any effective position for wheeling them along.

That said, I'd rather stoop and wheel than carry, so the compromise works well for me.

And I've got a trolley for any decent distances, which has the other benefit of carrying other stuff on top of the cab while wheeling.

I can now do my rig plus PA/Mons/Mixer/Cables/everything in just 4 trips from the car. Makes me *very* happy!