Why become a member? ×

How many basses do you have? (Poll)

CamdenRob

'75 Fender P bass
Jap reissue 70's maple board, fretless natural Fender P bass
Bravewood Sting '57 Replica
Ibanez MC940 Fretless (1980)
70s replica maple board, fretless fiesta red P bass (made from parts)
Spector Euro 4LX Se-5
Steinberger XL-2 1982 (I think)
Rockinbetter RG 4003 Faker with genuine Ric p/ups
Hofner Jubilee CT500/1 union jack violin bass #7 of 60
Fender P Bass Lyte
Aria SB-R 150 from about 1982
Epiphone Jack Casady, Silverburst
Epiphone pro IV classic Thunderbird in white
Stagg EDB

I kind of assumed that people would be able to look at our signatures and see for themselves, but now I'm wondering how many people "hide" sigs? Especially as so many of them are so bloody long!!

Anyway, I now have five basses - which is the greatest number I have ever owned :blush:

In simple terms - one Status and four J basses!! And, yes, the Js do all sound and feel different (especially the fretless one, which goes without saying I suppose!).

Status series 2 1986
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass (CIJ 2007)
Fender Standard Jazz Bass (MIM2009)
No-name chinese (I think) J copy - defretted by the Bass Doc
J&D brothers 1975 Vintage J bass (2014)

In the last three years or so I have also owned (courtesy of this place!):

Spector Euro 4LX
Carvin XB75P
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass (A different one!)
Fender Marcus Miller Jazz Bass (CIJ 2006)
EBMM Sterling

Now I really want a P bass! :gas: :o

Two electric basses and the upright bass so not sure if that counts as two or three for the purposes of the pole. A Squier Cabronita and a 50s tele bass (also Squier) plus the European blonde upright. In the past I have owned approximately 928,376 other basses but thankfully I kicked the GAS habit a few years back.

I am happy with three elec basses, I try and use them in turn as much as possible and a fourth would mean quite a while for the first to get a gig right now, that said I would like a Lakland 55-14 soon but I cant see me getting rid of any of the 3 Rays even though that single Lakland would cover all three existing basses, hhmmm

Down from 20 or so when I was in college, to just six... there's a weird correlation between playing more and more since I've been playing bass for a living, and selling all my spare basses... I think the more I've been playing, the more I've realized which basses I actually need and which ones are just nice to have around... or perhaps in other words it was basses or rent haha!

Four for me.

Westone P/J [size=2](because I didn't have a bass at the time and it was cheap. Plays nice, too)[/size]
Aria Pro II MAG-20/5 [size=2](it was cheap and I wanted to see if I could get on with a five string. Like the Westone, it is too cheap to bother going to the effort of trying to sell. I might defret it)[/size]
Cort T-35
BC Rich Warlock NT

I have only had two other basses and I only want one other. I'd like a fretless Cort Curbow, preferably in piano white.

Edited by KingBollock

I was down to 3 basses for just under 3 hours before I was back up to 4. I think I hit 6 at one point? Was at 5 for ages.

I have:

Bass Collection SB320
Overwater Classic J (Tanglewood one)
Yamaha TRBX 504
Squire VM Jazz

The Squire is currently my favourite and also my newest bass. Bass Collection was my main gigging one for ages but we'll see how the Squire works out when I take it out.