Why become a member? ×

How many basses do you have? (Poll)

CamdenRob

Down to 5 from 9. Aria Pro TSB 350, two Aria Pro CSB 380s, Aria violin bass, and bitsa medium scale Pbass (plus two uprights as well). Had far more than I can actually remember to be honest, same with guitars. I only really use the TSB and violin bass so have been on a selling spree this year and managed to sell some.

I've got 5. I have a bit of a problem, in that I have no difficulty selling old amps that I no longer need, but for some reason I've never once managed to part with a bass. So I've got, in chronological order:

1. Jim Harley P-bass copy (red with white pickguard, decorated with a sticker of Lara Croft)
2. Yamaha BBG4SII (metallic blue)
3. Aria Sinsonido (fretless)
4. Squier VM Jazz (3-colour sunburst, fretless)
5. Fret-King Perception 4 (ice white)

S.P.

Edited by Stylon Pilson

Here's my gang of four.

1993 - Musicman Stingray 4H 2EQ, Alder Body, Rose Neck (now retrofitted with a late 80's lined fretless MM neck)
2008 - Musicman Bongo 5HH Stealth, Rosewood Neck
2010 - Sadowsky Metro HPJ - Bought off Project C on this forum in 2012
2012 - Musicman Stingray 4HH 3EQ, Rosewood Neck

The two stringray's are the one's that I'd never sell.
The '93 I've had since I was 17, but it doesn't get that much play nowadays, unfortunately. The 4HH is my favourite bass and a wedding present from my wife.

Three which is the most amount I've had in the last 9 years.

1. MIJ Fender Deluxe Jaguar
2. Korean epiphone thunderbird modded with gibson pups and a hipshot supertone
3. Unknown brand p bass bought from a mate for £30 with EMG pickup, wilkinson bridge and brass nut.

Covers most bases nicely for my needs

Three for me, and I think that's how it's going to stay.

Fender Deluxe Active Precison - my first Fender, had it for just over 10 years

Fender Mark Hoppus Sig - the bass I lusted after for 10 years, finally got it this year

Squier Bass VI - pure indulgence. I thought it was cool/different, and it's so much fun to play!

Silly number. Many Peaveys. Skinny necks, generally (though I'll never sell the Vox Standard, which has a neck like a treetrunk, and I seem to be much happier with thicker necks on fretlesses).

Plus an Ashbory, and a couple of uprights I can't play. Yet.

Edited by alyctes

I'm currently at six.
My first decent bass was a Ricky 4003 which I've still got, a seventies bitsa Pbass, a Squier Bass vi, a Waterstone twelve string a short scale Danelectro in a funny tuning and I've just aquired a really quite amazing Electrical Guitar Company TB2000 that's all aluminium!
I don't even miss my old 62 Precision now I've got that.

Um, quite a few. Five Antoniotsais (3 5-strings, one 6-string, one 7-string), two Warwicks (both 4-string Thumbs, one fretted JD, the other defretted and reprofiled to JD dimensions), just the one Peavey Grind, a Dean Rhapsody 10-string, Ashbory Mk I and Ashbory Mk II, Sei Original 5-string headless fretless, Status Series I, NS WAV-4, an Aston 4-string, and a bitsa with a 4-string P copy neck and 4+1 Wilkinson bridge.

Currently running 5: 1974 Fender jazz with Labellla flats for my reggae stuff, 2013 Limelight 70's P replica for the soul, funk and swing, Farida P for living room jamming, Ibanez BTB555MP for the occasional 5 string duties and a Clarrissa acoustic for summer campfire jamming/ makeshift pillow ;)

2 for me also, both of which get plenty of use.

'72 tele bass,de-mudbuckered (un-mudbuckered?) and now unrestored with the p bass rout exhumed, getting much use as a mongrel slab p bass. 'Tis the one in the Haynes manual for those that have that tome, still sonic blue and with more decals.

USA EBMM sub, I think it originated from Dazed who did a fine job of stripping the neck back to bare wood, I didn't buy it from him though. Perfect covers band bass, so good that it meant that the business-case for me hanging on to my lovely trans orange 'Ray was too flimsy, sob!

I think two basses is as much option anxiety as I can deal with.
Martin

Bc rich warlock x2
Bc rich iron bird
Fender USA p
Fender mp jag
Fender p lyte
Dean demonator
Dean metal man demonator
Dean mm ml
Dean razorback
Kramer baretta ( I think) nt
Vox white shadow fretless
Olp levin
Ibanez btb555
Dearmond jetstar
Westfield abg
Ch guitars machine gun
Fecker pretender p home build
Steve Harris ish p home build
Dean pace eub
West bury track 2
Peavey international 5er
I think that's it!!

Edited by dudewheresmybass

Currently on 7 atm (opps)

1) Aria Pro II Cat Bass (with Hipshot D-Tuner, Seymour Duncan vintage voiced p-j pick-ups SB-1 and brass nut & frets)

2) Aria Pro II SLB-2 SLB series electrics (with stock active pre-amp and passive/active switch, TESLA VR-B4 Jazz Pick-up and TESLA VR-B3 P Pick-up)

3) Aria STB GT5 (5 string bass, modded with Seymour Duncan MM SMB-5D and custom bass & treble cut circuit with parallel/series switch and a bone nut and new beefy bridge)

4) Aria Pro II IGB 50 (Betty) (modded with Seymour Duncan SBP3 P pick up and SBJ2 jazz pick up, and a custom passive rotary switch system also with Hipshot D-tuner and brass nut, and Schaller copy bridge also a Bridge cover)

5) Aria Pro II 5 String white Magna bass MAB-20/5 (Amy) (With Dimarzio area j pick ups and passive Rotary switch with bass, mids & treble cuts, a brass nut and a Warwick 2 piece bridge and Hipshot D-tuner also a push/push volume pot for parallel/series switch)

6) Aria Pro II Avante 4 String Bass AVB-50 (Ava) (With a Bone nut, Kent Armstrong chrome lipstick jazz pick up in the neck position and a Kent Armstrong soap bar in the bridge position, also has had the finish on the sides on the top and a stripe down the middle on the back sanded down to the natural wood also Warwick 2 piece bridge and Hipshot D-tuner also tone pot replaced with a 2 way toggle for parellel /series switch)

7) Ovation acoustic bass