Why become a member? ×

New MiniAmp Day - Ashdown MiBass 220 (new old stock - much cheapness!)

DaytonaRik

As much as I love my Ashdown ABM 115 combo, it's slowly been killing me! It's a heavy so and so to lift and move around in the car so today I ordered a New Old Stock MIBass 220 to use with my Ashdown NEO 2x10 cab for smaller gigs and rehearsals whilst retaining the option of the ABM combo and NEO cab setup for larger venues.

I paid the crazy price of £153 shipped from Germany - sounds like an absolute bargain to me! B)

I'll update everyone with a mini review of it hooked up to the NEO cab in due course.

Edited by DaytonaRik

• 2 weeks later...

Well - had a chance to try it out in the house at a good level - the joys of a detached house! I also A/B'd it against my ABM 500 combo...

I have to say I'm pretty happy with it - in a direct comparison it's not a million miles away from my sound on the ABM, obviously lacking the valve-drive and sub-harmonics but overall a good usable tone out of the box. The shape function can product a bit of 'honk' but punching the EQ to dial that out was a quick enough job. I was worried about having enough headroom but again, I was surprised and adding the speaker of my combo to give a 4ohm setup was great - plenty of oomph from the 1x15/2x10 setup and headroom enough. It'll be interesting to see how this weekend's gig and rehearsal go with the lightweight set up.

Edited by DaytonaRik