Why become a member? ×

Hartke Hydrive 112 good/bad cab?

gjones

Thinking of downsizing and getting a Hartke Hydrive 112 cab for smaller gigs. I wondered if anyone had any experience of owning one. Are you happy with it? Are they up to gigging with a reasonably loud drummer and guitarist?

Share your thoughts.

I've only tried one in a music shop with a TC Electronic BH250 head. The only problem I had with it was that it only has one "side on"/vertical carrying handle, which makes the cab more awkward to carry than a lightweight one should be.

It is, however, a lovely looking and sounding cab. There's also plenty of guys on here who've got or used the HyDrive cabs, so you should get more feedback soonish; such as what amps they use with the cabs. If you can try it out, do so, so your own ears can decide.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the 1x12 250w combo and it seemed a bit stretched in a fair sized pub gig so I changed to 2, 1x12 cabs and a bigger amp which gives a very versatile set up. The cabs sound good and I am told they are loud enough. They are also light at under 30lbs but only have one handle (just bought 2 EA ELX 112's for PA with one handle each) which puts them out of balance to carry, penny pinching really. I certainly have no regrets having bought them but you may find one on its own a bit pushed in anywhere other than a small pub venue.

• 2 weeks later...