Why become a member? ×

Tc Electronic G majour 2 Info

Joe 'Dingo' Wright

Hi there guys and girls of bass chat.

A little help please. Im wanting to upgrade my effects unit. And the G Majour 2 has caught my eye. All i really want is Reverb and Delay unit, although i do like the idea of the pitch shifter.

Anyways, ive seen many guitar demos online of this unit but no bass demos. So i was wondering if anyone out there has one and is using it on their bass, if so how are you finding it?

Also if anyone has any other similar suggestions feel free to to podt your opinions.

Thanks people

Joe

Well, for what it's worth, I have a TC D-Two delay (which is just flippin' amazing), and a TC M350 dual FX (which is really really great), so, er, I imagine the G Major 2 is good as well. The ones I have are mainly used on synths, but can work perfectly well on bass, provided I go through a pre-amp (Joemeek VC3Q), obvs.

So, nothing like what you're considering at all, really.

I'm amazed at the posts in that thread Zenitram. Neither seem to offer any real advice other than some insubstantial thumbs-downs. In reality, the GM2 is actually a very good effects unit with some pristine effects on board. No, it isn't as fully featured as the likes of the Zoom B3 and MS60B, which as pedals are superb, but if you only need the effects on board, then it's great - especially if you can pick up a pristine one second hand. The prices are much lower now than when they were originally new.

The octaver should be treated like an analogue pedal, and not be expected to do any crazy digital sub-lows and I never really found a use for the harmoniser. That said, the time based effects are lush and it's amplifier switching capabilities (or external pedals) is useful.

You will need to buy a suitable foot controller and they are also available in a wide range of types and prices.

I'd really like to see TC step up to the podium with a rack that includes all of these effects PLUS all the new tone prints for guitar AND bass. That'd be great!

Hey guys.

Thanks for all the opinions. I have used a TC D2 a few times, normaly when im at FOH on vocals. I am impressed with TC and there interface seems really user friendly so thats why i considered the GM2. Thanks for the heads up on other gear!

Im glad there are people out there that are using them on bass. And gettin pleasing results from them.

You see im no longer looking for a multi FX pedal. I have the AX3000B and it just seems that the quality of effects has been sacrificed to squeeze more into the box. And there are many that i just dont use. So im hoping to cut back on the effects but increase the quality.

The GM2 has some compression on board doesn't it? Is it any good? As im lookin at getting maybe a dbx-160. But if the GM2's on board compression is any good it might save me some money