Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Wal MK1 1987
£2750

W11ATO

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Feb '87 Mk1 with Shedua facings. [/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]

Thank you for all the interest basschatters, this is now sold and on its way to France.

Was considering converting this to an unlined fretless or swapping for one (if I could find someone to swap it with) but I've not found one and tbh I'm nervous about having the fret board taken off in case the neck gets damaged [/font]😕[/color][/size]

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]It's not been touched since I got the Olive Ash mk1 so have decided to sell it. [/color][/size][/font]

Just a coupe of pictures taken with phone but can email whatever anyone wants to see.

Its in great condition, barely a mark on it and certainly nothing at all on the neck.

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]I'm in Northumberland and would prefer collection but would ship if needs be.[/color][/size][/font]

Cheers, Rob

Edited by W11ATO

cant upload any more pictures :-/

says i've reached my upload limit and i can only imagine that's from old posts....how do I delete images from old locked posts?

and ive no idea whats going on with the font size

Edited by W11ATO

I wouldn't have helped if I thought you would taunt me with the Olive Wal again! ;)

This Shedua one is gorgeous though mate, thought about getting it de-fretted by someone other than Paul? May be cheaper?

Yeah, it would probably make me sweat too. I probably wouldn't let any Luthier but Paul anywhere near my Wal if I wanted anything done!

Great price this, too :) Is there much in the way of tonal difference between the two, out of interest?

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1412371514' post='2568434'] Is there much in the way of tonal difference between the two, out of interest?
[/quote]
[quote name='W11ATO' timestamp='1412371942' post='2568438']
If I'm honest Kev, nothing.

Ive set them up identically and done the a/b comparison and I can't hear a difference.
[/quote]

Excellent Rob!
Im going to save the link to this quote....you do not have an idea on how many people have it JAMMED into their head that woods/facings are going to impact the Wal tone.
I have had to trick a sound engineer, to get him to shush on the "difference" between two of my Wals. So i did some tinkering with my set-up(s) and they sound identical. The basses were even made 20 years apart!

Good luck with the sale of this bass. If i didnt have 4 already o would have bought this up on day one!

Dean