Why become a member? ×

How to achieve this sound..?

Samfordia

Recently, I have started to experiment with different sounds to try and get somewhere near to the sound I would like once I have finally bought all of the basic gear. I thought it could be interesting for me if I posted a link to the nearest thing I could find to the sound I am after. Hopefully I could then further learn about how one goes about manipulating what comes out of the amp and what gear or technique is needed. I am new to pedals so feel free to use layman's terms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD0c233hyYM

Edited by icastle
Link Fixed.

Definitely overdrive, probably a sansamp BDDI (or RBI if he's using rack mounts) and either he's adding vibrato to the note or he's got chorus going on with it. Apart from that, just crank the mids to 75% and have the bass and treble around 50%. Playing with a pick will really help nail that punch too.

• 2 months later...

I use an MXRM80 to get distortion. It's quite simply the best distortion I've ever come across , because every one I tried before, was fuzzy and I hate that. The MXR just gives a nice overdriven sound that sits in the mix lovely, but sounds killer on its own. Why don't you give one a try?