Why become a member? ×

Boss LMB3 question (limiter/ enhancer)

uk_lefty

Hoping someone can help resolve this...
I picked up an LMB3 off fleabay to replace a compressor I had that was more for guitar than bass. I have a few issues with te pedal that I am hoping someone can help me iron out... Both problems experienced when using the suggested settings in the manual, brand new battery fitted.
The LMB3 is ok as an enhancer for my fretless in that it really brings out the "mwah", however this sounds delayed? Not sure that's a trade off I want to make.
For my fretted bass (jazz bass with Bartolinis) it definitely compresses the sound a little but doesn't smooth out peaks as much as I expected.
On both settings it seems to suck out some tone, I'm really not happy with that - it's a similar effect to changing my fretless from dual coil to single coil, just an immediate loss of presence and fullness from the sound.
Thoughts for resolving - I have only two thoughts to resolve this neither is guaranteed to work: have an EQ pedal in the set up to counter what the boss takes away, buy a boss Power adapter to see if it reacts differently to when powered by battery...?
Any advice will be gratefully received!
Thank you

Hi, I have the same tone sucking problem with that pedal. I don´t see any difference between using a power supply or the battery, only maybe some noise between a crap power supply or a regulated one like a 1spot. I used the Boss LMB only for some peak cut but I find it not enough good. I tried 3 or 4 more, now I am settled with the Markbass Compressore, is expensive but better. Not perfect though ;)