Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe Jr & DOD chorus!
£285

JapanAxe

We all do it - buy loads of pedals until our pedalboards are over-run and our drawers and shelves are bulging, then realise there are some that just aren't getting used. So here are the latest victims in my Autumn cull:

([b]1) Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe Jr [/b]- boxed with instructions

This stellar vibe pedal has been discontinued, and is becoming increasingly hard to get hold of. In case you didn't know, Roger Mayer is the FX guru who used to work on Jimi Hendrix's effects pedals. This one shares the circuitry of his full-size Voodoo Vibe, but with fewer external controls. It gives you the choice of hard-wired or buffered bypass, and runs from a 9V battery or Boss-type power supply (neither included). Full details [url="http://www.roger-mayer.co.uk/vibe_jr.htm"]here[/url].

It has had home use only since I bought it new, and is in excellent condition, with just a couple of little nicks in the casing. I have never used velcro on it so it still has the rubber feet on the base.

Looking for [s][b]£175[/b][/s] [s][color=#0000cd][size=6][b]£160[/b][/size][/color][/s][s][color=#ff3366][size=6][b]£140[/b][/size][/color][/s] [color=#0000ff][b][size=6]£105[/size][/b][/color] delivered in UK!

([b]2) MXR EVH90 Eddie Van Halen signature Phase 90[/b] [color=#ff0000][size=6][b]SOLD[/b][/size][/color]

[b](3) DOD FX65 Stereo Chorus[/b] - boxed with instructions

This is a fully analog chorus based around a Panasonic MN3007 BBD chip. According to DOD fan site [url="http://www.americaspedal.net/fx65/"]America's Pedal[/url], it is the last incarnation, made between 1990 and 1997.

In addition to the usual Speed and Depth controls, you can control the Delay Time. Short times give you a metallic flangey effect, long times give a sweeter-sounding chorus. Although I'm not a huge fan of chorus, higher Speed and medium-to-high Depth settings, with max Delay Time, provide a lovely rotating speaker effect.

Runs from a 9V battery, or a 9V-10V power supply (neither included). It is also fine with slightly higher voltages - I have run it at 12V with no problems, and the benefit of higher headroom for the delay chip. [u]NOTE: It takes a 3.5mm power plug, [b]centre positive.[/b][/u]

DOD pedals are known to be prone to two problems - loss of the battery compartment cover, and unreliable switching. This one is complete with cover, and has no issues with the footswitch. I have cleanly removed the rubber base (which is included) and fitted pedalboard velcro, which is clamped by the edges of the metal base-plate. Overall condition is good, with just some blue paint scraped away on either side of the case.

Looking for [b]£25[/b] (firm) delivered in the UK.

Edited by JapanAxe

Price reduction bump.

Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe [b]WAS £175 [color=#0000cd][size=6]NOW £160[/size][/color][/b] delivered in UK.
MXR EVH Phase 90 [b]WAS £85 [color=#0000cd][size=6]NOW £75[/size][/color] [/b]delivered in UK.

• 2 weeks later...