Why become a member? ×

Just when you thought you'd gotten out

synthaside

Hi folks , greetings from west London I've been lurking on the forums for a while but due to technical issues i've not posted till now.

I'm Another bassist who'd all but given up on playing seriously again to find myself dragged back in by a call to arms for a bass player for my companies work Christmas party. I've fallen completely back in love with it again .

In my stable currently reside an Aria Pro II SB-400 in black strung with flats ( I wanted to be cliff Burton Obviously )
an Epiphone T-bird - for when the flat wounds wont cut it a White MiM Jazz with maple neck and white pearl plate
and an acoustic bass for when my better half has had enough of vibrating floors.

Nice to meet you all

synthaside

Welcome!!!!

Similar (ish) sitch to myself. I'd 'given up' bass and switched (back) to guitar (again) and have focussed solely on various recording projects for the last 3 years.

Sold my rig and all my effects (I kept my Jazz Bass® tho ;) ) and HONESTLY had no intention of playing bass live again.... until I bumped into an ex bandmate/drummer a few months back.

Now I'm back in deeper than ever (pun very much intended) and thanks to a few fine members of the BC community (you know who you are) I'm 'rigged up' again and rumbling ;)

Your in great company here synthaside.. enjoy (beware of the Bass Market Place though, you have been warned)

[quote name='synthaside' timestamp='1413288812' post='2576716']
Yes .... ive been lurking for a while and the bass ,market place is causing CONSIDERABLE GAS ... excuse me its been an hour since i last checked ... there might be something new .....

;-)
[/quote]
An hour? THAT long????

[quote name='synthaside' timestamp='1412868449' post='2572842']
In my stable currently reside an Aria Pro II SB-400 in black strung with flats ( I wanted to be cliff Burton Obviously )
an Epiphone T-bird - for when the flat wounds wont cut it a White MiM Jazz with maple neck and white pearl plate
and an acoustic bass for when my better half has had enough of vibrating floors.

[/quote]

That white jazz sounds like a looker!

welcome - I have had a similar recent 'call to arms' in the last couple of years - playing both for my office party band and the parents band at my son's school. After not gigging for over 20 years its refreshing to see that some things never change... I am still the first to set up, guitarists still incessantly make random noises/solo at full volume during rehearsals when everyone else is trying to sort out arrangements etc... seriously though it is great to be playing live again even if it means rehearsing in the work gym or at other parent's houses very very quietly after the kids are in bed! It is the only way to seriously up your game in terms of technique and experience the sheer enjoyment/reward of playing in front of others.

Oh and the other downside is that now I have half an excuse to buy more equipment that I don't really need... a 150 watt amp for an audience of 7 years olds in the school assembly? Why not!

Shes quite purty indeed , I did purchase a tortie scratchplate to swap over but , I never got around to swapping it once the bass arrived, I think its a pretty unique look, here's a cheeky snap , excuse the carpet and purple footed sock.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/synthaside/media/IMG_20141014_1911101_zps3c08f259.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/synthaside/IMG_20141014_1911101_zps3c08f259.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

• 2 weeks later...