Why become a member? ×

Finally it's here ( Peavey content )

kodiakblair

The Foundation arrived today, had a bit of a mad dash home on my lunch to be in for the courier as my neighbour who was going to sign for it had to go out before it was delivered, but I got it in the end. A bit rougher than the pics in the ebay auction let on but it plays nicely and sounded very good when I gave it a quick run through my amp. It's extremely light as well!

The Foundation's is now totally dismantled. Once if had a chance to give it a proper look over it was apparent that it was in much worse condition that the seller let on. Big chips in the finish had been coloured in with pen and not mentioned or pictured in the ad, the hardware was manky as were the frets and most of the neck, the pots had taken a knock and were at an angle, the screw holes in the control cavity had stripped, been filled with bits of match stick and then the screws put back in at an angle, causing them to chew up the wood and the plastic on the cover so I'll need to do a fill & redrill and get a new cover made up. Pretty pissed off if I'm honest and there's a lot of work to do BUT it does play nicely and the pickups sound great as well.

Looks like I've got a bigger project on my hands than I thought or wanted.