Why become a member? ×

NDBD -that's it i'm committed now!!!

Raslee

Well, in my recent thread regarding feedback and newbies questions i ended up on the hunt for a magnetic pickup to tackle the feedback woes on my Gear for music DB. In my search I came across an add on Gumtree a week a go that i thought was to good to be true, a Schaller 411 mag pick up which i was after, a decent DB stand which i was also after, a soft case which i was sort of after...oh and it was only attached to Andreas Zeller Double bass..... all for £600 smackers! The bass had also been set up by a top professional North Devon Luther. So i contacted said seller, put deposit down, and collected today.

Now the bass is 39" scale so just over 1/2 size but ideal for my little pinkies, it has D'addrio Helicores fitted....not sure if these are good or bad???The guy even chucked in a DB bass mute, bow and a book on scales/arpeggios etc - lovely chap. I've been trying to play it all afternoon but had kids and friends kids over..meh,.. so it never happened!

So got it out about 2 hours ago and it's superb...just got to learn how to play now...tips appreciated :)

Sooooo happy :)

My 1/2 G4M DB will be up for sale very soon (good beginners bass!)

[attachment=173427:IMG_5962.JPG]

Lovely Schaller, sounds very impressive actually...still a bit of woody tone there.
[attachment=173428:IMG_5959.JPG]

Edited by Raslee