Why become a member? ×

Gallien krueger MBE II / neo cabs

funky8884

I gig with GK Neo cabs, I used to use a 212 and 115 but now use a 410 with the 115, sometimes leaving the 115 at home for smaller venues. They are lightweight and quite robust, the 410 has removable castors which make it a breeze to move around.

Sound wise they are pretty good, I play them fairly hard from an MB800 amp and they never seem to run out of headroom. The rig does produce a very convincing low E and when I dig out the 5 string it manages well with the B string too. I've heard people say they are aimed at rock music, which I can say they do very well, but I had a dep gig with a Big Band a few weeks ago and the 410 with the GK amp blended in perfectly well with saxophones and a brass section, playing jazz and swing.

I would buy them again, despite the lure of Barefaced cabs - they look good, sound great, can be carried by one person easily, never let me down and can make windows rattle if required.

I have 2off Berg AE112 Neo cabs and they are sharp, clear with a nice mid sound but i find they lose a little bottom end. Odd tho as most people hearing them including other bassists say they sound great out front. I need to bring the tweeter back a touch from centre tho as they pick up every little string noise if set too high. They don't have any low down boom no matter where i've played them and that means they are always good in the mix. Drummers love them cause they are rear ported and means they can hear them easily too.
I would thoroughly recommend trying them.
They are extremely light.

I generally play in classic rock bands or recently moved into Prog scene. The cabs would be ideal if covering a wide range of music.

I am comparing against my HT322 Berg cab with ceramic speakers.

Dave