Why become a member? ×

Is Toneprint Giggable?

bigevilman

Hi Guys

Last gig my BH500 finally packed in on me after being gigged over 500 times, being thrown about and dropped and being in a van for pretty much all its life, in boiling hot and freezing cold weather.

Looking at getting another TC BH head, and seen the bh550 and 800 with the toneprint options. I need a few different effects and this seems like a great option.

My question is....are the toneprints any good quality wise? If they're not brilliant quality, I may as well get a second hand bh500 as it met my needs perfectly.

Let me know ur thoughts asap...need a head before next weekend!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a good play with my BH250 last night , I would say that most of the effects are pretty good , It was just the octaver I had a problem with ,This might not be the case with the 500 or 800 . I'm not sure how quick & easy the tuner would be to use on a live stage . I find the 250 really lacking in oomph compared to my little Rocker & Ashdown . I'm interested in the 800 but I'm waiting for reviews & my other isue is that it is not rack mountable , I would need some way of doing this or putting some type housing over it as my PA mixer is normally on top of the racked amp .