Why become a member? ×

Blast Cult preamp gone microphonic - weird

artisan

i have posted in the repairs section but thought i'd post here too as you guys are very helpful.
my pre' has decided to become microphonic & sound sh*te,i am dropping it in at my local shop to get checked out just hope they can fix it.
i noticed it sounded very honky/middy at saturdays gig & if i tapped on the wooden body of the unit the sound was transmitted to my main amp',it sounded like a small tomtom-weird.
it only becomes microphonic when the clicky volume is turned on but sounds sh*te all the time,it also hisses when i switch it on.
Jason at Blast Cult has offered to fix it for me but that means shipping it to the USA,which means i will be without it for several weeks & i have some gigs pending.
if my local guy can't fix it do you have any idea who could ?
cheers.

Edited by artisan

[quote name='Rabbie' timestamp='1413319801' post='2577176']
Wow that's unusual: they are supposed to be extremely well made. Jason would probably love to know what went wrong there. I have no idea but wish you all the best mate.
[/quote]
thanks Rabbie,i'm sure it'll get fixed without issue,just one if those things that happen.
I'm going to order an Fdeck hpf-pre to use as a backup just in case of any future problems.