Why become a member? ×

Fodera Monarch Deluxe
£4000

MURT

Final Price Drop £3350
including European shipping!

Fodera Monarch Deluxe for sale only - no trades.

Selling my beloved Fodera. Sad to see it go but I've moved my sound in a different direction and I can't justify having a bass of this quality sitting around not being used.

I think its a 2001 build and i bought it used in the USA in 2005. Its pretty much like the Victor Wooten Classic except the controls are laid out differently.

It has been well gigged over the years and has seen some light wear over the years. I want to make this as clear as i can for the buyers sake. Its alot of money. Full details below and in pics.

This bass plays like a dream, sounds amazing and is everything one would expect from custom built Fodera. The neck is in perfect condition. Its a beautiful looking, sounding and playing bass. I have medium-high action setup at the minute but this can get right down on the board if your playing style allows. Very versatile in setup, with an incredible amount of tones available.

The Details:
Body - Mahogany
Top - Maple flamed and lightly figured
Neck - 3 piece Hard Rock Maple
Headstock - Matching
Fretboard - Indian Rosewood
Neck Joint - Dovetail
Scale - 34"
Preamp - Pope 3 band Custom Shop Preamp (bass/mid/treble cut and boost, Master vol, Blend, Passive Tone, Act/Pass Switch, Kill Switch)
Pickups - EMG PJ
Tuners - Fodera Tuners with D-Tuner installed
Strap locks - Recessed
Weight - Approx 4.4kg
Tools - Truss Rod adjustment wrench & allen key screwdriver
Hardware - Full set of Black Hardware (Black Bridge included) also Gold Bridge(fitted), Gold Tuners and Gold Knobs included (missing Volume/Tone & Blend Knob $55 to buy both)
Strings - Fodera 40-100 nickels (fresh set of strings and a fret clean/board oil just done)
Hardcase - included with the price but its not the original fodera one. Aluminium hardcase (pictured), its not pretty either but it does the job.

The Wear:
Small marks on the body, some checking on the finish of the body in places, cracks around the output jack and some dings/wear on the back and side from guitar stands. Ive tried to show this in my picture so the buyer is aware of any imperfections. These are not visible from even a short distance as seen in pics.

About the hardware:
I had a full set of Gold and Black hardware, i preferred the look of the gold bridge with the black HW, like the pics. I still have the black bridge and the gold tuners but somewhere in moving houses I've lost the master volume and blend gold knobs. The Black Bridge, Gold Tuners and 3 Eq knobs will be included along with adjustment tools. According to the Fodera price list a value of $450 plus taxes & duties if purchased new.

New these are going for around €8600/£6850 plus the additional hardware cost.

I would prefer bank transfer as payment. I want to avoid any Paypal fees on this which i think are around 2.9% - unless buyer is willing to pay the fees.

Shipping is included in the price.

Edited by MURT

• 2 weeks later...