Why become a member? ×

Hohner The Jack Headless Bass SOLD
£250

sbrag

[color=#333333]Hohner The Jack headless bass for sale which dates from the late 80s / early 90s. [/color]

BC Only price drop to £170 plus postage

[color=#333333]I bought this about a month ago as a back up bass with no stings a broken pre amp and badly set up. This has now all been professionally fixed, cleaned and now plays beautifully and I am very tempted to keep it, but I have just bought another bass which means that this is now surplus to requirements. [/color]

[color=#333333]There are a couple of minor dents on the front which you can only see when you look closely and a couple of scuffs on the back which you would expect for a bass of this age. As far as I know it is all origional and it is strung with a set of Bass Centre Elites 45-105. It sounds great bass in with 2 powerful J pickups and a 2 band active eq. The only other slight issue to note is that the tuners are little stiff, especially on the G string but all work ok.[/color]

[color=#333333]Photos at : [/color][url="https://www.dropbox.com/sc/u1a99h7mdy71lfm/AABLmc0em9XjY_CvfUBxxVjva"]https://www.dropbox.com/sc/u1a99h7mdy71lfm/AABLmc0em9XjY_CvfUBxxVjva[/url] Sorry not the greatest quality but its a very reflective bass.

[color=#333333]I am happy to post at buyers cost and risk (approx £20) and the bass will be bubble wrapped inside its padded gig bag and then put in a strong box and sent by insured courier. I am also open to offers and possibly trades/px but it has to be very tempting as I would much prefer a straight sale. [/color]

[color=#333333]You are welcome to try it and please let me know if you have any other questions. [/color]

[color=#333333]Cheers [/color]
[color=#333333]Steve[/color]

Edited by sbrag

Open to offers and trades type bump. Could be interested zoom h2 or a decent distortion pedal plus cash or maybe deals involving jazz type basses, mtd kingstons, yamaha bbs or a westone thunder 1a - 4string fretted only please.

Edited by sbrag

Gratuitous bump-support.

For anyone thinking about this ... I have one and it's very handy for keeping in the living room for the odd fiddle-about. As stated, they're very compact - smaller than a 6-string, I'd wager - so they don't take up the missus-annoying space that a regular bass does. And they sit on their bum on the floor without a stand, so are even less noticeable round the side of the sofa. :)

Also, you really can get a great sound out of them.

Thought about putting it on ebay but thought I'd shave another £10 of here first. £170 anyone or make me a sensible offer. I've been playing it today and this little thing has so much bottom end it makes the house shake!

Edited by sbrag

I dont I'm afraid. Best I could do would be to record some on my phone but it won't be the best quality. It does a really wide range of tones given the jazz set up with active passive switch. It has more bottom End than any other bass I've owned really good dub/reggae tone to and bright modern for slap and the passive sound is nice and mellow.

Cheers
Steve

Edited by sbrag