Why become a member? ×

SOLD PENDING: 2013 Ken Smith BSR 5TN Black Tiger *UPDATED+PHOTOS*
£3000

markorbit

Price: £3000 firm.

I've had a couple of attempts at five string now and I have sadly come to the conclusion that I prefer playing four string. Hence I'm putting my Ken Smith Black Tiger 5 up for sale. Bass was bought new and imported by me last year from Bass Central in the USA and has pretty much sat in it's case since then apart from a few attempts at home of converting myself to five string.

Bass plays nice with low action. I attach the original photos as I don't recall the bass taking any knocks at all but I WILL have a real close look and update this post if necessary with fresh photos.

I would prefer a cash deal but I do have an interest in a Rob Allen MB2 or perhaps a Status 30th Anniversary Series II if a deal can be struck. Other passing interests COULD include a Spector NS2 or EuroLX, Warwick Streamer Stage 1, nice stack knob or binding and blocks Jazz or Ibanez Musician MC924 or MC940 DS with cash my way of course. Or even a Ken Smith Black Tiger 4 string !!

I recall the cost of the bass, shipping, tax and duties was over £4000 originally. It's a gorgeous instrument but I haven't felt comfortable with a five.

[b]Figured Walnut Top/Figured Maple Core/Walnut Back, 5-Piece Maple/Bubinga Neck w/Ebony Fingerboard, Mother Of Pearl Top & Side Dots, Smith Humbucker Pickups & 3-Band 18v Preamp, Gold Hardware, Case. Serial #5TN626513. 10 LBS.[/b]

Edited by markorbit

Guest sadbass

hi...

Interested F BASS BN 5 ?

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/247145-fs-fbass-bn5-auburn-burst-with-deluxe-bag-2014new-sale-bridge-babicz-5-gold/

Managed to take a few new shots of the Ken Smith Black Tiger. Yes, it is a lovely work of art. I couldn't find any dings or marks at all. As I say it has had very little use and has never been played out. Included with the sale is all the case candy, KS strap, tools, warranty etc.

Had lots of interest and trade possibilities... thanks for that.... would really prefer the cash as I'm not 100% on the direction I'm going basswise right now... although a Jazz will definately be coming into the family.

• 2 weeks later...