Why become a member? ×

Coronado Reissue Controls

Baxter

The controls on my bass are pissing me off a wee bit and I think its how its wired

Here's the problem.

Switch position to neck - neck Volume to full (bridge pickup to Zero) = Great
Switch position to centre - neck volume to full = silence
Bring in Bridge pickup = both pickups on
Switch Position to Bridge - bridge volume to full (neck off) = Great

So it seems that I can't properly control the volume and tone for each pickup (like you can on a Ric)
as the bridge volume is a master volume (switch in centre position) and blend combined.

I'd like to do away with this - any ideas?

Bax

[quote name='Baxter' timestamp='1413542911' post='2579288']...any ideas?...
[/quote]

Good afternoon, Bax...

Question... With the switch in the 'mid' position, does [i]either [/i]volume provoke silence when turned to zero (not just the bridge volume...)..? In which case, have a read here...

[url="http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/tips-and-tricks/lespaulwiring/"]Les Paul wiring...[/url]

If not, ignore, and I don't know. Hope this helps.

Edited by Dad3353

I should say 'Which one..?', but assuming you mean the bass, I'm afraid I've not been playing much of late (not feeling too good; no cards, just send money...), despite having several private 'projects' on hand (a Bach transcription awaiting my attention, a bit of study on fugues...). I have a new (to me...) recording interface into which I can now plug in from my armchair, so there is hope yet. I've a bit of work on the fretless to get back to, as well. Life is short, ain't it..?
I participate modestly in the monthly Composition Challenge, and have yet to use a 'real' bass in that. Depending on inspiration (and, of course, limited ability..!), I have challenged myself to use the Verithin for the next one. Fingers crossed that the subject lends itself to something easy enough for me to actually play..! :blush:[size=4] [/size]
[size=4]Thanks for asking. B) :)[/size]

[quote name='Baxter' timestamp='1413548881' post='2579412']
I remember you from the hofner hounds website where I got great advice and encouragement bringing Verithin bass '484' back to life. I used it in the recording of an album this year on 3 songs - so its still banging away. Have fun in the challenge!
[/quote]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167485]

I'm still a 'mod' over there, but we're a slow old bunch of dodderers, for the most part, so I'm not over-tired from that activity. Any way of hearing your works, or obtaining the album..? ;)[size=4] [/size]