Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Bass Pod - combining effects?

Paul S

Might be dense here but I have recently acquired on here a secondhand Bass Pod - one of the grey kidney shaped thingies - and, after an initial glance at the instructions and quick play around, can't seem to find a way of combining effects together to save in one patch.

For the sake of discussion, say I wanted to set the amp model to Rock Classic then, using the effects dial, have a spot of octaver, phase and overdrive combined and saved to a patch. At the moment it looks like I can have one or another from the effects dial but not all - is this right?

Thanks in advance! :)

Does this not do the trick. Paul?

1. Get an amp or effect you love happening on your POD.
2. Hold Save, and press Manual. Save, Manual, A, and B lights flash.
3. Use Up/Down arrows to select A (Amps) or B (Effects).
4. Press Save to complete the deed.

It's from section 6.4 onwards[url="http://line6.com/data/6/0a060b316ac34f0593e5054cc/application/pdf/Bass%20POD%20User%20Manual%20-%20English%20.pdf"] in the manual[/url]...I'm sure what you are trying to achieve is do-able

Andy

I don't think that it does, Andy. I just tried. Dialled in an amp setting I like and dialled in effects to add a bit of phase. Nice. Pressed buttons in order as above, finished by save. Try then to edit that patch to add octaver and it loses the phase. Unless I am doing something fundamentally wrong I can't see how you can combine two or more effects into a patch, as opposed to just having them one at a time.

Ah - misunderstood...

I think you might be right. There are some effects which are already multi-effects but I think you are right, you can only use one of the various selections on the knob at a time. It's like the modelling amps - my Vox Valvetronix is the same. It's a twist knob for the effects like the pod with choices of various single or pre-set multi effects but you can only use one choice at any one time

What you're after, if I've understood correctly, is an effects chain. I think these only started coming in with the newer generations of pedals

Andy

Yup, an effects chain. a bit of phase, a bit of overdrive, a bit of octaver (for example) - all at the same time.

Looks like this is going straight into the classifieds! That will teach me to do my homework before buying stuff :)