Why become a member? ×

What happened to Mrs Peter Crouch?

mep

Yesterday a thread was started called O[i]ooh I Say Mrs Peter Crouch[/i] and featured a picture of Abbey Clancy and what looks like a P Bass. The picture was from the Huffington Post [url="http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/10/16/abbey-clanc-topless-vauxhall_n_5994450.html"]http://www.huffingto..._n_5994450.html[/url]

I posted at lunchtime and when i got home to review my content the thread had gone.

OK. So it's anther teasing photo of Abbey Clancy, and one of many. The photos are easily seen on the web site and I am not restricted from seeing them with my IP filter on.

Why was the thread deleted? Were some of the posts getting too risque? Some people like to get a bit carried away at times. I can't imagine it was just down to the photograph.

When I click on my history I get the error message [i][#10340] You do not have permission to view this topic.[/i]

Hopefully a Mod will come along to explain.

No criticism of the mods from me on this, but I'm interested in the philosophical implications of why it's ok for kids to see sexualised images of women baring their breasts in The Sun, but not on Basschat. It is obviously legal to publish such images as there is no age restriction of The Sun, there were no naked breasts in this thread or on Huff Post. So is it simply context?

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1413554431' post='2579498']
No criticism of the mods from me on this, but I'm interested in the philosophical implications of why it's ok for kids to see sexualised images of women baring their breasts in The Sun, but not on Basschat. It is obviously legal to publish such images as there is no age restriction of The Sun, there were no naked breasts in this thread or on Huff Post. So is it simply context?
[/quote]

It was one or two specific posts in the thread that pushed it over the edge.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1413554675' post='2579504']
It was one or two specific posts in the thread that pushed it over the edge.
[/quote]

Typical, but expected. Some peeps can be rather puerile when confronted with a picture of a woman whose legs are not firmly clamped together.

Thanks WoT and thanks G

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1413554431' post='2579498']
[/quote]

The sun are in the process of phasing out page 3, they are not shouting about it but it is filtering out.

[quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1413560407' post='2579613']
The sun are in the process of phasing out page 3, they are not shouting about it but it is filtering out.
[/quote]
Yeah apparently so. The breasts will get smaller and the cod philosophy will get larger until Page Three becomes a Piers Morgan column.

Ok. No surprise really. Thought it was due to some posts. At least not mine. Thanks for the clarification. Next time I'll PM to ask such questions.

I hoped Peter crouch played bass and it was his and he secretly visited BC.