Why become a member? ×

Pitch shifter?

jezzaboy

[quote name='mingsta' timestamp='1414163438' post='2586626']
[b]Pitch tracking[/b] - its digital, so tracking is perfect with no glitching
[/quote]

great review (you made me want one!), just wanted to say that there are loads of digital pitch shifters which do suffer tracking problems

[quote name='mingsta' timestamp='1414163438' post='2586626']
[b]Pitch tracking[/b] - its digital, so tracking is perfect with no glitching

[/quote]

Also wanted to chime in with this. A lot of the time tracking is the fault of the signal going into the pedal. Too much harmonic content and not enough fundamental can throw It off.
This how you get people who can get the boss OC2 to track great all the way to the bottom, and other can'5 get it to track lower than an A.

Edited by Prime_BASS

We play in two different tunings because it's easier for me to sing the songs when we are slightly de tuned, but we have an accordionist for some more traditional songs and he likes to play on his white keys, so we play in standard. We all just use two guitars and its not really a problem at all. Just takes a few seconds to change over. Means I get to rotate my basses too.

Edited by ubit

[quote name='spaners' timestamp='1414742574' post='2592756']
Hey Mingsta, any more thoughts on the pitchfork? Mite go n try one tomoz n see how it compares to my micro pog .
[/quote]

Not too much more to add, except that I really like it and I think it has many more uses than my original intended use for dropping to BEAD. It would work great as a clean octave pedal and the dual mode ie octave up and down sounds great and I can see myself working that in to some of our set. I also noticed that if you have it in dual mode but not stepped down, you get a slight chorus like thickening effect. A very useful tool for a reasonable price.