Why become a member? ×

Level 42 Glasgow

mrmcgoo1964

I saw them at the Cliff's Pavilion in Westcliff last Friday. I've seen them I think 7 or 8 times since the mid 80s and I thought this was honestly as good a performance from them that I have seen. The new material is superb and a great return to their roots of acid-jazz dance stuff. Hardly any showboating from Mr King - some of the new material features finger style and even pick playing! Never seen him play with a pick before. Lighting was absolutely top drawer. I even enjoyed the singer/songwriter support bashing out choons on his geetar. An excellent night's entertainment.

Saturday morning Mrs S says 'Do you want to see Level 42 again tomorrow? There are good seats still available for Albert Hall'. So we saw them again last night! :) If anything it was a better night - the sound was more hi-fi there and not as loud. Good to see a favourite from 30 years ago still as strong as ever.

Plus we went to the Tower to look at the poppies then had a good Lebanese meal before the gig. A good day.

Edited by Paul S