Why become a member? ×

Pedal Steel Guitars

Captain Rumble

In an attempt to help out a friend whose father recently passed away I find myself with 3 pedal steel guitars a Peavey Nashville amp and a height adjustable fold up seat to sell to try and offset funeral expenses etc. Now I know absolutely nothing about these things except that they are bloody heavy in their flight cases, I am hoping that someone can suggest a person , forum, website or whatever I can talk to with regard to the value, saleability of these items I believe they are made by Carter 2 are singles with 10 strings a piece and 1 is a double also 10 strings a piece and all look to be complete although I have yet to try and assemble them.
Any help or suggestions much appreciated

John

Join http://www.thebritishsteeliessociety.co.uk/index.php and post with some pics. Top side, and undercarriage. You don't need to bother to put the legs on, people will be able to tell exactly what they are and what shape they're in if the pics are clear.

John Davis over there may offer to help. He's buys/sells quite a lot, he's in Cambridgeshire.

Also, Ken Byng might have some advice, he's in Southampton.

If you don't want to join over there then PM me and I can get you some contacts.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I saw Gerry play in Ravenshead Village Hall near Mansfield in Notts the other day. His band Hogan's Heroes was gigging with Albert Lee up front on vocals and mind-blowing rock n country guitar. Great gig and loved the sound of the pedal steel with old Peavey amp.