Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Bass 75 Reissue, non export.. East J Retro. Ash/Maple, pearl blocks, SKB Hardcase.. TRADED…!!
£800

bubinga5

I'm only looking for a trade on this bass.. Fender 75 reissue non export jazz bass. new DR Fat beams, John East J retro preamp. comes with a SKB hard case, 2 piece ash body, maple neck blocked and bound. Dunlop strap locks. great condition, but for a few dings on the headstock. super tight neck pocket.

The tone is just sublime. .very clean sounding instrument. for single coils the pickups are very quiet.. I've recorded with it and its silent.. its what you can expect from a Fender MIJ 75 jazz bass with a j retro. it has 70's spacing pickups only made for non export instruments. very rare for an MIJ..

I'm interested in Lakland 55'deluxes, JO's, other jazz basses 4 or 5 string..prefer maple neck, but would like see whats out there.

thanks for looking

Edited by bubinga5

:gas: THAT is the bass I've been after!

I have two Japanese 75RI natural/maple: one with pearl blocks and white binding, and 60s spacing, and one with black blocks and binding and 70s spacing... and yours is the very combination I originally wanted!
In fact, I'm about to put a J-Retro in one of them, just haven't decided which... so yours is perfect!

I have a natural/maple Lakland 5502, in excellent condition, with a couple of pickguards (3-ply, a black one and a white one, only fitted with tape, so no holes in the body)... It's a very pretty grain ash body, but it's not a DeLuxe, so no quilted top. I have the Lakland hardcase too, although it's seen better days. It still works, of course, but it doesn't look too pretty.

I would be VERY interested in a trade, if you would consider a natural 5502.

This used to be mine (minus the East pre-amp), and I can only say that a: Andy is a great guy to deal with, and b: I did a shed loads of gigs, touring and recording with this bass (and case) for about 5 years, and she never once let me down. :)

I loved the feel of the neck on this, and would gladly have it back, but sadly don't really have the need for it anymore. Getting it past the Minister for Finance could be tricky, too...

Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1413799644' post='2581914']
:gas: THAT is the bass I've been after!

I have two Japanese 75RI natural/maple: one with pearl blocks and white binding, and 60s spacing, and one with black blocks and binding and 70s spacing... and yours is the very combination I originally wanted!
In fact, I'm about to put a J-Retro in one of them, just haven't decided which... so yours is perfect!

I have a natural/maple Lakland 5502, in excellent condition, with a couple of pickguards (3-ply, a black one and a white one, only fitted with tape, so no holes in the body)... It's a very pretty grain ash body, but it's not a DeLuxe, so no quilted top. I have the Lakland hardcase too, although it's seen better days. It still works, of course, but it doesn't look too pretty.

I would be VERY interested in a trade, if you would consider a natural 5502.
[/quote]sorry Mcnach really only interested in the Deluxe model. fussy bugger aint i..

[quote name='Simon.' timestamp='1413969713' post='2584100']
This used to be mine (minus the East pre-amp), and I can only say that a: Andy is a great guy to deal with, and b: I did a shed loads of gigs, touring and recording with this bass (and case) for about 5 years, and she never once let me down. :)

I loved the feel of the neck on this, and would gladly have it back, but sadly don't really have the need for it anymore. Getting it past the Minister for Finance could be tricky, too...

Good luck with the sale!
[/quote]Thanks Simon.. :D