Why become a member? ×

A personal explanation of why green basses are the best and have the best tone

hamfist

I've developed a product that will enable everyone to experience the tonal superiority of green basses. Chlorophyll impregnated green tape. The chlorophyll, with it's strong light capturing abilities, enables a 2" by 5" strip of tape to capture as much green light, and convert it to tone-enhancing body energy, as a bass painted entirely green. Simply take the tape, and affix it to the front of your bass. (Not the rear as the tape will be shaded by your body and be ineffective.) Strips of chlorophyll bass tape are now available from me for the very low price of only £79.28 a strip. Coming soon - mauve bass amp tape.

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='planer' timestamp='1413740136' post='2581426']
It's the same with bikes. A green Kawasaki is always faster than the same bike in a different colour. It's the law.
[/quote]

A Kawasaki that isn't green isn't a Kawasaki - just some sort of cheap clone :)

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1413790154' post='2581751']

That is a lovely looking bass...
[/quote]

I was passing time in GuitarGuitar and tried it out. It blew me away and I went home without it and pined. Went back a day later and just bought it. I knew I wouldn't be able to get another one and it's a keeper. I'm getting a clear pickguard made too.

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1413803589' post='2582005']
I was passing time in GuitarGuitar and tried it out. It blew me away and I went home without it and pined. Went back a day later and just bought it. I knew I wouldn't be able to get another one and it's a keeper. I'm getting a clear pickguard made too.
[/quote]

It's a beauty... It just looks so well proportioned as a five string.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='John Schoen' timestamp='1413755741' post='2581652']
Mr. Tee agrees with the OP. :)

[url="http://s5.photobucket.com/user/John_RSC/media/Bas/DSCF0126s_zps711d4180.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]

My first sighting of a Thinline bass. Best looking one on the site, thanks for the pic, but not for the GAS generated. Pity it's green, though. :mellow:[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='redstriper' timestamp='1413730967' post='2581312']
Dennis agrees:

[attachment=174170:dennisbovell_450x472.jpg]
[/quote]

My first fiver was an RBX765a in this color, through a green cable into a green vinyl covered pedal board, through another green cable then into my trace stack (AH400SMX gp12, 410 & 115). I always thought it sounded almost perfect but not quite. I now realise that the missing ingredient was this outfit all along!

[quote name='planer' timestamp='1413740136' post='2581426']
It's the same with bikes. A green Kawasaki is always faster than the same bike in a different colour. It's the law.
[/quote]
[quote name='molan' timestamp='1413798994' post='2581899']
A Kawasaki that isn't green isn't a Kawasaki - just some sort of cheap clone :)
[/quote]

There's an exception to every rule, and in this case it was the GPZ9 which looked very silly in green.

I don't have a green bass, but am kind of wishing I did, now.

As you were.