Why become a member? ×

Surprisingly good bass

JJW

I am a big KISS fan so I bought one of these recently but when I got it, it was a lot better than I was expecting.

I know that lots of people think they are stupid but ignoring the look they are really good basses!

[url="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575090229&toolid=10001&campid=5337531593&customid=&icep_item=231179939807&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg"]http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575090229&toolid=10001&campid=5337531593&customid=&icep_item=231179939807&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg[/url]

When I was young...35years ago, I was (and still am a Kiss fan) and I remember that on the cover of their "Alive" double album was written something like: "Kiss plays Pearl drums and Gibson guitars and bass coz they want the best"
So forget Cort and look for the original Kiss stuff...Gibson.
All others are "Barbie marketed stuff to enjoy in Disneyland" but far, far away from the original Gene Simmons' huge bass sound.
Best

[quote name='TheSiberian' timestamp='1413918657' post='2583647']
All others are "Barbie marketed stuff to enjoy in Disneyland" but far, far away from the original Gene Simmons' huge bass sound.
[/quote]

See? I just knew there'd be a hatchet job.

[quote name='TheSiberian' timestamp='1413918657' post='2583647']
When I was young...35years ago, I was (and still am a Kiss fan) and I remember that on the cover of their "Alive" double album was written something like: "Kiss plays Pearl drums and Gibson guitars and bass coz they want the best"
Best
[/quote]

That's nice. The OP comes on here excited to share his new bass with us all and almost instantly gets shot down. Good for you.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1413922462' post='2583722']

That's nice. The OP comes on here excited to share his new bass with us all and almost instantly gets shot down. Good for you.
[/quote]
Maybe telling people what they want to hear is the custom over here, but I dont find it too honest, so please don't blame me, I just share my opinion...what is yours ( bass wise) ?
Best

[quote name='TheSiberian' timestamp='1413922965' post='2583733']

Maybe telling people what they want to hear is the custom over here, but I dont find it too honest, so please don't blame me, I just share my opinion...what is yours ( bass wise) ?
Best
[/quote]

Some threads deliberately call for opinions. A NBD thread, or someone inviting us to check out their new bass, demands a certain level of respect and good manners. If you happen to think the bass stinks, for whatever reason, just don't post. No need to be dishonest.
As for my opinions (at least as far as this thread is concerned) - Corts are massively underrated, I've never played the Axe but the Punisher is cool as hell, and don't get me started on coffee table boutique singlecuts...

I understand they're pretty solid basses - if a little odd shaped. But that's a big reason you picked it up right?
Play it, enjoy it, and let people feel how they feel. I doubt it'll last as long as a super tough Modulus or Satus - and the electronics might not hold up to the decades as well as the top tier stuff - but with care it should serve as a grand instrument. Cort make millions of instruments and the vast majority are good.

As I see it - getting a Kiss sound is like getting a Led Zep sound - it was always changing - so just go with what sounds right.
A few years ago I would have scoffed at such a bass - now I'm not so sure. In a few years I might have one myself!

Enjoy.

[quote name='TheSiberian' timestamp='1413922965' post='2583733']

Best
[/quote]

Bit narrow minded

[quote name='TheSiberian' timestamp='1413963418' post='2583997']
Sorry guys, maybe you are right, it was not the right thread to get some fun (nasty jokes), sorry again.
And also apologies to the OP from a fellow Kiss fan, no offense intended.
[/quote]

Well said, that man. :)

Edited by discreet