Why become a member? ×

washburn status pickup blend pot wiring issue

big rob

Have just brought a Washburn status 1000 s70. Only issue is the the blend pot has been bypassed as it was noisy, i will get a new one but i don't understand the wiring. Can anyone help with wiring instructions. Will try and add photos later.

Here are the pictures:

[attachment=174473:WP_20141021_0031.jpg]
[attachment=174474:WP_20141021_0041.jpg]
[attachment=174475:WP_20141021_0051.jpg]

cheers in advance

Big Rob

Edited by big rob

Rob. Sorry, I won't be able to help. What I will say tho', is that I too have a washburn status. I kept getting radio/police messages on mine at band rehearsals.
I ended up giving it to a tech, to make the pickups passive( no battery needed anymore). The sound was /is different from the brightness that you normally get with this bass. In the meantime, have a bump for some proper help.

Does anyone have one of these with all intact as should be that you can take some photos of, that would be a great help i think.

I have now found the below, but i'm not too sure where the white wire in mine should go or the two earth's that are identified on the blend pot pins.

[attachment=174532:s1000print.jpg]

Edited by big rob

[quote name='big rob' timestamp='1414012301' post='2584920']
Does anyone have one of these with all intact as should be that you can take some photos of, that would be a great help i think.

I have now found the below, but i'm not too sure where the white wire in mine should go or the two earth's that are identified on the blend pot pins.

[attachment=174532:s1000print.jpg]
[/quote]The 2 earths shown on the blend pot tags should be wired to all the other common earths, which is what the white wire with solder tag looks like. The solder tag complete with all the earths should be screwed to the body somewhere in the cavity.

Well all,
I think i may have found my extra wires, i lifted the pickups out as i need to add some springs for height adjustment and under them is another black wire which is screwed into the wood, this does not seem to be on the wiring diagram and also i am a little confused where they need to go if at all. Also is the white wire the bridge earth? and on the wiring diagram the shield earth is this the one screwed to the cavity silver foil. Sorry for all the questions but i don't want to mess up my new purchase.
Here are some pictures to try and explain a little more:
[attachment=174543:WP_20141023_0021.jpg]
[attachment=174544:WP_20141023_0031.jpg]
[attachment=174545:WP_20141023_0061.jpg]

Thanks to All,

Big Rob

Dear All,
Managed this in the end with a couple of little re solders. Just information for others if they have the same issue.

Wired like the diagram above, with the 2 addtional earth's i seemed to have under each pickup these where also wired to the top of the blend pot. The 2 earths from the blend pot tabs i soldered to the foil tab screwed to the body in the cavity. All seems to be working OK now.

Cheers
Rob