Why become a member? ×

NBD! Sandberg California TM5

dc2009

Bought this off Rico on here with the proceeds of my clearout. Really hoping this is gonna be getting me back into playing regularly.

She's a beautiful instrument with a lovely wide range of sounds. I tried her out at Rico's but need to buy an amp so in the market for a little Roland for my room, just to get my chops back up.

Finally being down to one bass is a sobering experience especially given the nature of how I lost most of them. Very happy to have a new axe to call my own and something to inspire me again!

:)
Dan

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1414051220' post='2585093']
I've always liked the TM5.. Bassdirect had a bright yellow one in for a while I kept going back to look at.

How is the sound with these? Is it more modern and hifi with the active preamp than a standard Fender? I always imagined these would sound like a Fender jazz with a J retro....
[/quote]

Pretty much.

Treble control is well spec'd - turned down it gets a nice vintage sound too.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1414051220' post='2585093']
I've always liked the TM5.. Bassdirect had a bright yellow one in for a while I kept going back to look at.

How is the sound with these? Is it more modern and hifi with the active preamp than a standard Fender? I always imagined these would sound like a Fender jazz with a J retro....
[/quote]

Gotta agree with what fretmeister said. A really wide range of sounds especially with the single/dual coil switch and active/passive mode.

I'm actually in need of an amp so have only heard her through Rico's amp when I tried her out. Hoping to get a little Roland Cube or something similar soon.