Why become a member? ×

Why you should be good to your sound engineer..

jazzyvee

[quote name='Subbeh' timestamp='1414094120' post='2585871']
I could accept the vocals as hers, sounds a hell of a lot like her on a bad day but I think even Courtney love drunk/stoned could still play guitar a bit better than that.
[/quote]

hmm, I don't know... listen to this, it sounds just as awful (forget the fact she forgot the chords :lol:). It sounds like she is turned down in the mix as soon as the song starts...

[url="http://youtu.be/BG6xZlBUDD4"]http://youtu.be/BG6xZlBUDD4[/url]

This has been covered quite extensively in another thread the other week,
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/246808-great-little-video-sorry-if-its-been-on-before/page__p__2573706__hl__sound%20engineer__fromsearch__1#entry2573706"]ttp://basschat.co.uk/topic/246808-great-little-video-sorry-if-its-been-on-before/page__p__2573706__hl__sound%20engineer__fromsearch__1#entry2573706[/url]

Edited by KevB

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1414140978' post='2586255']
It's got to be fake cos look at how much the audience is getting into it, plus the guy would never work again if he done that to someone!
[/quote]

All he (or someone with access to the tracks) has done is isolate them and put them on YouTube. It's clearly not the FoH mix...

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1414140978' post='2586255']
It's got to be fake cos look at how much the audience is getting into it, plus the guy would never work again if he done that to someone!
[/quote]

That's clearly not the mix that made it out, live, FOH, he wouldn't be that stupid. But rather, if he recorded it, he can put this alternative mix on YouTube, allowing her vocals and guitar to be distinct from everything else, to illustrate her performance.
Like I said, watch the video I posted from Paris. She has the same kind of out of tune guitar, and as soon as the song kicks in, her guitar disappears from the mix.

Yeah I watched that and it's clear she's dropped right out the mix to allow the guitRist to carry the song cleanly. I don't think anyone would say Courtney Love is an accomplished axe " man" but I would have thought she was better than that. Just goes to show, eh? :(

I liked Hole at the time (I was a teenager in the mid-late 90s so it fitted well with the teenage angsty thing), so I'm prepared to cut her a bit of slack. It seems like the guitar is used more like a visual prop or cuing aid, and is probably not meant to be heard in the FOH mix. That's why there are two more guitarists in the band - Love will be well aware of this! When was Grunge ever about polished performances anyway?