Why become a member? ×

Walkabout Short Scale P

Lucien

So, I will be getting my first short scale soon, something that I have wanted for a while because I can really put it to good use. Most sundays I go for a walk on my own, just to strech my legs a bit, and some time back, I started bringing a bass along, then I got myself a Fender Mini Tonemaster wich sounds killer on bass if you use a nice set of headphones. But it gets harder to carry a full sized bass around for a walk, even on a pretty comfortable bag, the solution I think will comes in the form of a massively inexpensive Harley Benton P-Bass shorty I managed to scoop as a decoration item for 28€. Most shorties I looked at where too expensive for what they actually were, and I never fancied traveler instruments wich also have higher price tags than what I think they should!
The plan for this "throw-in-the-back" bass is to refinish it in vintage white, get some cream closed PU covers (because I often stroll to the beach and sit for a while playing) and I was thinking about nylon tapewound flats, but I wanted white ones and can't find them anywhere!

What do you recon of the idea?

Edited by Lucien

Well a short scale would certainly be easier to carry so I'll say it's a great idea. :lol:

When I'm particularly fond of a new acquisition I might wander round the house wearing it for a day or so, make a cup of tea, watch the telly, etc. But the current mrs discreet draws the line at me wearing it in bed... I must admit it's never occurred to me to stride off merrily into the distance with a bass on, though. :D

Edited by discreet

I just love to stop near the woods, set my little rig and get a completely lost in it. Most of my good ideas come to me this way.

As far as wearing new acquisitions, I call it licking the cub, when they arrive I must have them always on direct point of view, so I think bass minds think alike. :)