Why become a member? ×

SOLD - 1983 Westone Thunder II
£125

Guest MoJo

I bought this very recently with a view to restoring it but having spoken to a local paint supplier, trying to match the pearlescent paint to effect a repair is going to be beyond my amateur painting skills :( . I have cleaned all the pots and switches with contact cleaner and they all work as they should. Plays beautifully

Ok, so what you're looking at is a 1983 Westone Thunder II, the third incarnation of the Thunder II with a shorter 32.25" scale. Really comfortable to play with a great range of tones. Apart from the obvious damage to the bevelled area for the forearm, there is an area of damage on the end near the strap button which has been painted over, a number of smaller dinks and chips on the body and headstock and cracking/crazing/flaking to the lacquer on the neck (see photo). It has been fitted with a Wilkinson bridge as a previous owner removed the original due to a seized saddle adjusting screw. The original bridge is included (minus the missing saddle). I'm looking to recoup the £90 I paid for it plus what it cost me to collect the bass from the previous owner and the cost of shipping it to it's new owner so I'm looking for £125 shipped.

The photos below are borrowed from the previous owners gumtree ad but the bass looks exactly as it does in these photos.

Edited by MoJo